The Parish Council looks after village cleaning and grass cutting, lighting and lighting repairs, the play area, and other village activities. It also has the ultimate responsibility for the Village Hall.
The funding mainly comes from the precept, i.e. the council tax payers. In addition, the P.C. holds funds raised during the various millennium activities in 1999 and 2000. These funds are used for new village activities and projects.
The Parish has recently been through a detailed planning process culminating with a Parish Plan. As a result of this a number of action groups have been set up.
The P.C. meets in the Village Hall on the 2nd Wednesday of each month (except April, August and December). Meetings start at 7.30 pm in the committee room, and members of the public are welcome to attend. The agenda includes a “Question time” where members of the public are able to bring issues to the attention of the P.C.
Click here to access the Gayton Parish Council events calendar and meeting agenda.
The current members are:-
- Carl Hamilton, Chair
- Alastair Anderson
- Rachel Billing
- James Foster
- Peter Foster
- Liam Hollin
- Merryn Robinson
- Viv Hartley, Clerk, Tel: 01604 858360
The precept for 2018/19 is £15,000, corresponding to £67.50 per year for a band-D property.
The budget is as follows:-
|Grass Cutting including church in 2018 (£1095)||£5,270|
|Clerk Salary + expenses||£3,374|
|Play Area Maintenance||£500|
|Dog bins - emptying||£275|
|Church Clock maintenance||£227|
|Play Area safety inspection||£50|
In 2009 a review of the Parish Plan was carried out, for details click here: .
Based on this review new priorities were proposed and agreed, for details click here: .
The Parish Council has adopted the following information policies:
- All basic village information is available from the village website.
- The following information policy material can be viewed/downloaded here:
- Code of conduct
- Financial Regulations
- Information available from Gayton Parish Council
- Risk Management
- Standing Orders
- Data Breach Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Records Retention Policy
- Subject Access Request Procedure
- Hardcopies of information material are periodically made available (free of charge) to villagers without internet access.
- An email system is in place for urgent village messages.
- Agendas for P.C. meetings are posted on the official village noticeboard and also available from the meeting events shown here.
- Minutes of P.C. meetings are posted on the website as soon as practicable after their approval.
- Backdated minutes, P.C. correspondence and other P.C. documents are available for inspection after arrangement with the P.C. clerk.